Beautiful Blogger Award – Happy New Year!Posted: January 2, 2013
What a lovely way to start 2013 – with my very first blog award! I know some people get nominated for loads of these but I’m still rather touched as this means not only that some people read my online ramblings but also even sometimes enjoy them! 🙂
I was nominated by the lovely Fashion, Food and Flirts – a blog covering a number of my favourite things!
The rules of the Beautiful Blogger Award are:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post the award on your blog
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate seven bloggers and tell them you nominated them.
So, I’m going to write the first seven things that pop into my head so I’m fairly sure these will be of the random variety…
1. I am a terrible singer but love nothing more than putting on a favourite song of the moment and singing along at the top of my voice as I dance around the house – it’s the one sure fire thing that will always cheer me up. Much to my other half’s
2. I constantly have itchy feet. I want to be in a million different places all around the world all at once. I just wish work didn’t get in the way.
3. I have recently started researching my family history and it is highly addictive! I am concentrating on my mother’s side first which is centred around Edinburgh for many generations. I am so enjoying my new discoveries and the increased sense of connection I feel with my ancestors and with Edinburgh itself as I picture my stories floating around the city.
4. As the above fact suggests, I am rather the history geek and my dream job would be as a museum curator.
5. There is little in the world that can make me happier than waking up with sunshine streaming through my window followed by tea and toast in bed!
6. I have two almost-fully-grown-kittens called Minnie and Maisie who constantly amuse me. Maisie is named after my favourite childhood book by Aileen Patteron about tabby cat Maisie from Morningside.
7. I am very excited to be combining two of my loves, France and cycling, next summer when we plan to rent a campervan and follow the Tour de France!
The blogs that I nominate are just a handful of my favourites. They are a mixture of inspiring, touching, hunger-making and humorous (and they’re not all about food either!) I highly recommend you check them out!